Emissions Repair in Fort Worth, TX, 76107
It's no secret that our cars emit air pollution. However, our vehicle's emissions system works to reduce the amount of harmful gases that are released in the environment. The system also keeps your engine running quietly. Computers, an array of sensors, computerized engine controls, fuel system components, and exhaust components all work together to control your vehicle’s emission output.
Your vehicle, whether it is a Toyota, Honda, Ford, or Hyundai, must adhere to the government standards of emissions, so it is important to get your emissions system repaired whenever needed. Some pollutants that are generated from driving vehicles are:
- Carbon Monoxide (CO): This odorless, colorless, and poisonous gas is formed by the combustion of gasoline when the carbon in fuel doesn’t burn completely. If the air/fuel mixture does not have enough oxygen present during combustion, it will not burn completely.
- Hydrocarbons (HC): This is a compound that is emitted into the atmosphere when combustion does not properly take place.
- Nitrogen Oxides (NOx): When fuel combusts, it produces nitrogen oxides. This pollutant is more present in areas with a high population density.
If you find that your vehicle is producing excess emissions, the problem could be with several parts of your emissions system. If you are experiencing any of these signs, feel free to come to Rick & Ray's Auto Plaza in Fort Worth today:
- Your check engine light turns on: This could mean several things, including that the emissions control sensor needs to be repaired or there is a leak in the hose or a loss of pressure in some component of your emissions system.
- Your vehicle is not performing as well: Your vehicle's emissions system is connected to the entire fuel and exhaust system, so if something is wrong with it, it can impact your vehicle's performance.
- You are getting less miles per gallon: Automobile fuel evaporates quickly, even when the vehicle is not running. Your emissions system is designed to limit the loss of these vapors and keep them in the automotive system. However, if there is something wrong with your emissions system, you may find that your car is draining more gas than usual.
- You smell fuel or gas inside or outside of your car: If you smell gas while you are driving inside your car, stop driving as soon as possible and bring your car to Rick & Ray's Auto Plaza in Tarrant County. Inhaling these fumes can burn the inside of your nostrils and cause headaches and nausea.
Your award-winning local Shop for Emissions Repair
If you are having an issue with your emissions system, Rick & Ray's Auto Plaza in Fort Worth is your place to go. Our owner Ray and team of expertly trained and ASE certified technicians have decades of experience and are experts in all things auto repair, including oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups, transmission repair, and emissions repair.
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
We have a review score of 5/5 based on reviews from 691 satisfied customers.
- Locally owned and operated since 1993
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Shuttle on all services, loaner on major service, free towing (limited)
- Alternative payment options (see our financing page)
- Our diverse team is sure to have an expert in the make and model of your vehicle
We've been fixing cars since 1993 and are experts in all things auto repair. If you are in the 76107 area or nearby, don't hesitate to schedule an appointment with Rick & Ray's Auto Plaza, either online or via phone at 817-335-2073.