Battery Service in Fort Worth, TX
How does a car battery work?
It's no question that a vehicle's battery is essential to keeping your car running. At Rick & Ray's Auto Plaza, we are experts in servicing car batteries, whether it be a battery in a Toyota, Honda, Ford, Hyundai, or anything else. In addition to battery service, we also perform other services like tune-ups, oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups, scheduled maintenance, and transmission repair.
Your car's battery provides energy to power your car's electronic system, which includes parts such as your car's sound system, air conditioning, and more. Energy is also stored in the battery to turn your vehicle on. Once the car is on, a series of reactions starts in the battery, which generates electricity. Your car's alternator continues generating electrons to keep powering the battery. A standard battery contains twelve grids on six SLI battery cells, which means two grids per cell. Each cell emits two volts of electricity, which means the battery produces twelve volts of electricity total.
How do I know if my battery needs servicing or needs to be replaced?
You don't want to be stuck in the middle of the road with a dead battery, especially in Fort Worth, Monticello, Westover Hills, TCU university , and Fairmont. If you think your battery might be failing, feel free to bring your car to Rick & Ray's Auto Plaza and we can perform a battery system test to verify the strength of your battery and to determine if your battery needs to be replaced.. Here are some signs to look out for that indicate a failing or weak battery:
- Dim headlights: One of the most obvious signs of a weak battery is the decrease in performance of your vehicle's electrical components, including your headlights. If you notice that your headlights are dim or other electrical components have slowed down, feel free to bring your vehicle to Rick & Ray's Auto Plaza in Fort Worth, TX, 76107.
- Needing to press on the gas pedal to start: If you need to step on the gas to start your car, there is most likely a problem with your battery.
- Your vehicle's battery light turns on: While this could also mean there is a problem with your alternator, your car's dashboard light turning on most likely means there is an issue with your battery.
Your award-winning local Shop for Battery Service
Look no further than Rick & Ray's Auto Plaza in Tarrant County to fulfill all your auto repair needs. Our technicians and owner Ray have decades of combined experience and can take care of your vehicle, any model and any make. We've been fixing cars since 1993 and are dedicated to providing top-notch customer experience and will make sure any issues with your battery are fixed as soon as possible.
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Locally owned and operated since 1993
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Shuttle on all services, loaner on major service, free towing (limited)
- Alternative payment options (see our financing page)
- Our diverse team is sure to have an expert in the make and model of your vehicle
We have a review score of 5/5 based on reviews from 691 satisfied customers.
Don't hesitate to schedule an appointment with Rick & Ray's Auto Plaza in Fort Worth today! You can schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at 817-335-2073.