Hybrid Battery Replacement and Reconditioning in Fort Worth, TX
What is a hybrid battery?
As you may know, a hybrid vehicle combines the functionality of a gas-powered motor and an electric hybrid battery. The battery is rechargeable and provides enough power to keep even a large vehicle running. Every major car make, including Toyota, Honda, Ford, and Hyundai, offer hybrid vehicles in their lineups.
Hybrid vehicles offer the best of owning an electric car and a car run on fuel. They offer a very impressive fuel economy, and this is because of the hybrid battery that powers the car. Electric engines become much more functional when a gas-powered engine is added to it; these two components combine to produce the best efficiency and reliability.
A hybrid vehicle utilizes a 12-volt lead-acid battery and gasoline like a traditional vehicle while also pulling energy from an electric battery. The vehicle can switch seamlessly between power sources so the driver isn't even aware of the transition. When the driver presses the brake pedal, the electric battery recharges. This makes hybrid vehicles 20-35% more fuel efficient than a traditional vehicle.
A hybrid vehicle cannot run without a functioning battery. Most hybrid batteries run for around eight years. If your hybrid battery seems to be wearing down, you can bring your vehicle to Rick & Ray's Auto Plaza in Tarrant County. We can perform a multitude of services on your vehicle, including oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups and transmission repair. Some signs your hybrid battery is dying include a decreased fuel economy, fluctuations in the state of charge, and strange engine noises.
What is hybrid battery reconditioning?
Hybrid battery reconditioning is done to reverse the battery's aging process and recondition it. The reconditioning process moves as follows:
- The hybrid battery is taken out of the vehicle and its overall state of health is assessed.
- The battery is disassembled and its modules or cells are exercised on our equipment, restoring their ability to store electrical energy.
- The modules' capabilities are tested and their capacities are determined. They are then grouped with other modules of similar power and capacity.
- After a final charge and testing of the modules, the battery is built around the good cells.
- The remaining components of the hybrid battery are checked to ensure their best performance.
- The entire battery pack is placed back into the vehicle.
If you are in Fort Worth, Monticello, Westover Hills, TCU university , Fairmont or surrounding areas, you can come to Rick & Ray's Auto Plaza in Fort Worth for all your hybrid battery replacement and reconditioning needs.
Your award-winning local Shop for Hybrid Battery Replacement and Reconditioning
We at Rick & Ray's Auto Plaza in Fort Worth are experts in all things auto repair. We've been fixing cars since 1993 and our owner Ray and technicians have decades of combined experience.
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
We have a review score of 5/5 based on reviews from 691 satisfied customers.
- Locally owned and operated since 1993
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Shuttle on all services, loaner on major service, free towing (limited)
- Alternative payment options (see our financing page)
- Our diverse team is sure to have an expert in the make and model of your vehicle
To schedule an appointment with Rick & Ray's Auto Plaza in Fort Worth, give us a call at 817-335-2073 or schedule an appointment online .